I got an Award? WOW. Two thoughts crossed my mind upon reading the news. The first was relief that it was the “Memetastic” award, not the “Metastatic” award I first read it to be, and second it surpassed the last award I received in college, “Ugliest Pledge Without Make Up.” Which I still claim “unfair” since without the benefit of my morning hair products I fare worse in comparison to others -something akin to a hairy fictional creature in a Harry Potter movie. No make up and bad morning hair was a shoe in for that award. But I now digress away from the wonder and excitement that is the moment of this award. I knew a hand full of people beyond my family, friends and some Spouse had forced at work to read in order for me to feel gratified with my blogging efforts might be reading. I didn’t know some might be enjoying it. I’m thrilled and honored.
Given the graphic seen below, one would assume it was a joke, however, I actually have seen it before on reputable sites. Sites to which I subscribe and have become a daily part of my ritual. Every day I drop kick both Offspring out the door yelling, screaming and begging not to leave the warm nest so I can greet my day drinking coffee, reading my blogs, commenting to my blogging buddies, scanning the paper, and Skyping the insurance companies which continue to plague me with their ineptitude. Many of these blogs were found through nominations by this award. I present to you- or rather- Lisa at Woman Wielding Words gave me:
Jillsmo created this award for bloggers to share and be recognized. She’s a Blog Spot blogger but I’m one to
take share with others no matter the source. Maybe she’ll migrate over. Rules come along with the prize. The “BUT” in the sentence. The rain on the sunny day.
1) If one receives the award, the recipient must proudly display the Memetastic award above. Yes I know how to pronounce it- meme as in “mean”- no I don’t know what it means. The recipient must bounce the award hot potato style to 5 bloggers within 24 hours of receipt. No basking in glory or gloating allowed. This is the internet after all.
2) One must go back to the Jillsmo/Memetastic site and post your blog at the bottom. Jillsmo is the ultimate source for your temporary insanity.
3) Provide the 5 sites for next crazed winners.
4) Put up 1 truth and 4 lies about oneself. For me that should be easy. I was single until age 30, I lied a lot. Telling the truth- that’ll be hard. Good thing I only need one of those.
Ok- Let’s go.
Truth or Fiction?
1) I hide my face behind a book in the Gravatar because I’m embarrassed by my Sharon Stone crazy eyes.
2) I hide my face behind a book in the Gravatar because I’m really the Nose and it’s not due to my ability to sniff out locations- it’s because my olfactory organ is so huge it sniffs out every scent within a 100 mile radius. Bothersome. Cumbersome.
3) I hide my face in case the ExPats reading this blog get mad when I said they are led by a nose ring. Since all our kids go to the same school, they won’t be able to recognize me. at the Offspring’s school.
4) If I hide behind a book Spouse won’t know it’s me writing those things about him in the blog.
5) I was the Social Chairman of my sorority the entire 4 years of college.
1) Tokyo Jinja- I love this site by my friend Tokyo Jinja. She has immaculate taste in all things Japan. Her site highlights Japan decor, design and art. She’ll show you pictures on how to incorporate tasteful Japanese items in to your kitchen, identify traditional crafts being made modern and where to buy them, and help you learn the antiquing tips in Miami. Great site.
2) Tokyoblingsblog– I call him my personal tour guide in Tokyo. He blogs every day with a stunning picture post. I’ve learned more about Tokyo, Japan, and what goes on in the minds of the Japanese from this uber talented photographer. Please look!
3) 2Summers-I’ve so enjoyed getting to know South Africa through the voice and lens of 2Summers. She goes where no other mere mortal dare go.
4)The Amerarab Wife– I’ll admit- she’s been absent a while with a new move and baby on the way- but- I’m hoping a nod her way might get her re-enthused. Her blogging from somewhere in the Middle East is very entertaining and her recipes are fail proof.
5) The Act of Traveling If your afraid to test your travel wings, Emiel will comfort your soul. He’s been all over the world with kids in tow. Fantastic pictures from places unknown complete with entertaining commentary. Now here’s a first- a travel blog that won’t bore you tears with unnecessary minutiae yet provides enough detail to allow one to build an itinerary.
ENJOY! And peace.